The Website Review team have compiled a comparision of the Best Electric Scooters in the UK in 2023. Firstly to be one of the best Electric scooters it needs to have several features that enhance its performance, safety, and convenience. Electric scooters have become an increasingly popular mode of transportation in recent years. These eco-friendly and efficient vehicles offer a convenient and affordable way to navigate through busy cities and urban areas. Whether you’re commuting to work or running errands around town, an electric scooter can help you save time, money, and reduce your carbon footprint. We have listed some of the essential features that an E-Scooter should have at a minimum:
- Motor power: A powerful motor can make the Escooter run smoothly and swiftly, enabling riders to cover longer distances with ease.
- Battery life: A good Escooter should have a long-lasting battery that can provide sufficient power to cover long distances.
- Safety features: A reliable braking system, good quality tires, and a sturdy frame are critical safety features that a good Escooter must have.
- Portability: A good Escooter should be lightweight and foldable, making it easy to carry around when not in use.
- Comfort: The Escooter’s seat and handlebars should be adjustable, providing maximum comfort to riders of different sizes.
- User-friendly interface: The Escooter should be easy to use, with clear and intuitive controls, enabling riders to operate it without any difficulties.
- Durability: A good Escooter should be made of high-quality materials that can withstand regular wear and tear.
- Range: A good Escooter should have an adequate range that can cover the rider’s needs, whether for commuting or leisure purposes.
Top Electric Scooter BrandsThere are several leading brands of e-scooters, each offering unique features and benefits. Some of the top electric scooter brands include:
- Xiaomi: A Chinese technology company that offers a range of e-scooters, including the popular Xiaomi Mi Electric Scooter, known for its sleek design and long battery life.
- Segway-Ninebot: A Chinese-American company that offers a range of e-scooters, including the Segway Ninebot ES4, known for its powerful motor and long-range capability.
- Razor: An American company that offers a range of e-scooters, including the Razor E300, known for its sturdy construction and affordable price.
- Bird: An American company that offers a range of e-scooters for rental, known for their high-quality construction and easy-to-use rental system.
- Lime: An American company that offers a range of e-scooters for rental, known for their bright green color and reliable performance.
- Apollo: A Canadian company that offers a range of e-scooters, including the Apollo City, known for its powerful motor and comfortable ride.
- Pure Electric: A UK-based company that offers a range of e-scooters, including the Pure Air Pro, known for its lightweight construction and long battery life.
- AOVO Pro: An International brand that specializes in electric scooters (e-scooters). The company produces a range of high-quality e-scooters that are designed for urban commuting and leisure riding.
The Specification of the AOVO Pro Entry level Electric or E-Scooter is as follows:The AOVO PRO Electric Scooter is a lightweight and foldable e-scooter designed for urban commuting and leisure riding. AOVO PRO is a trusted brand known for its lightweight and durable e-scooters, designed for urban commuting and leisure riding. It boasts several features that make it a popular choice among e-scooter enthusiasts. The AOVO PRO has a powerful 350W motor that can reach speeds of up to 15.5 mph, making it a fast and efficient mode of transportation. It has a range of up to 21 miles on a single charge, depending on riding conditions and terrain. The e-scooter has a lightweight and durable aluminum alloy frame, which makes it easy to carry around when not in use. It weighs just 14.5 kg, making it one of the lighter e-scooters on the market. The AOVO PRO features a dual braking system, which includes a rear disc brake and an electronic brake, ensuring that riders can stop safely and quickly in case of emergency. It also has a bright front LED light and rear brake light, making it visible in low light conditions. The best electric scooter guide has been compiled from 4 hours of research among 5 of the key editorial staff. The e-scooter has a large LCD screen that displays speed, battery level, and other essential information, allowing riders to keep track of their riding statistics. It also features a Bluetooth speaker, enabling riders to listen to music while riding. Overall, the AOVO PRO Electric Scooter is a reliable and convenient mode of transportation, suitable for both commuting and leisure riding. It offers a good balance of speed, range, and safety features, making it a popular choice among e-scooter enthusiasts. Take a look at the AOVO Pro E-Scooter here Why not check out some of our Shopping reviews or some of our best website reviews of 2023 today!
Great Places to use E-Scooters in the UKIn the UK, the use of e-scooters on public roads and pavements is currently illegal, except in certain trial locations where rental e-scooters are permitted. These trial locations have been selected based on various factors, including the suitabilityof the area for e-scooter use, infrastructure, and safety considerations. As of May 2023, the following towns and cities are participating in e-scooter trials in the UK:
- Bath and Bristol
- Birmingham, Coventry, and Wolverhampton
- Cambridge and Peterborough
- Derby and Nottingham
- Liverpool, Sefton, Knowsley, St Helens, and Wirral
- London (various boroughs)
- Manchester and Salford
- Milton Keynes
- Redditch and Bromsgrove
- Southampton and Portsmouth
The Benefits of an E-ScooterElectric scooters, or E-scooters, offer several benefits as a mode of transportation, including:
- Environmentally friendly: E-scooters are electrically powered, which means they do not produce any harmful emissions, making them an environmentally friendly transportation option.
- Cost-effective: Compared to other modes of transportation, such as cars or public transport, e-scooters are relatively inexpensive to buy and maintain, making them a cost-effective option.
- Efficient: E-scooters are lightweight and agile, allowing riders to navigate through traffic easily and reach their destination quickly, especially in urban areas where traffic congestion is a significant issue.
- Convenient: E-scooters are portable and easy to store, making them a convenient option for people who need to cover short distances quickly or want to avoid the hassle of finding parking.
- Health benefits: Riding an e-scooter can provide some health benefits, such as increased physical activity and reduced stress levels, which can contribute to better overall health and well-being.
- Fun: E-scooters are a fun and enjoyable way to travel, providing a sense of freedom and adventure that can make commuting or running errands less mundane and more enjoyable.
UK Electric Scooter LawsIn the UK, the use of electric scooters (e-scooters) on public roads, pavements, and cycle lanes is currently illegal, except for in certain trial locations. However, in July 2020, the government launched a series of trials to assess the feasibility of allowing e-scooters on UK roads. These trials allow rental e-scooters to be used on roads, cycle lanes, and tracks, with a maximum speed limit of 15.5mph. Private e-scooters are still illegal to use on public roads and pavements. To legally use a rental e-scooter, riders must be at least 16 years old and have a full or provisional driving license. The e-scooter must also meet certain safety requirements, such as a maximum weight of 55kg and a maximum power output of 500W. Riders must wear a helmet, but this is not a legal requirement. However, it is strongly recommended for safety reasons. It’s worth noting that the rules and regulations around e-scooters are subject to change, so it’s important to stay up to date with any updates or changes in the law. Electric scooters offer a range of benefits that make them an attractive transportation option for a wide range of people, from commuters to leisure riders. As the popularity of e-scooters continues to grow, they may become an increasingly common mode of transportation in urban areas around the world. Electric scooters, or e-scooters, can be safe to use if riders take appropriate safety precautions and follow the rules of the road. However, like any mode of transportation, there are inherent risks associated with riding e-scooters.
Some of the common safety risks associated with e-scooter use include:
- Collisions: E-scooters can travel at relatively high speeds, which can increase the risk of collisions with other vehicles, pedestrians, or objects in the road.
- Falls: E-scooters can be unstable, especially when riding over uneven surfaces or at high speeds. Riders may also lose their balance or fall off the scooter if they hit an obstacle or make a sudden turn.
- Traffic accidents: E-scooters are relatively small and may be less visible to other vehicles on the road, increasing the risk of accidents involving cars, buses, and other vehicles.
- Mechanical failure: E-scooters rely on batteries, motors, and other mechanical components, which can fail unexpectedly and cause accidents.